Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Another Neat Idea

On Jul 30, 7:38*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
May not be new, but it is neat and it works.

Was watching another old "What is it" segment of "Ask this old house"
the
other night.

A viewer had a neat idea for removing the plug from a hole saw which
IMHO, ranks high in the PITA category, especially if you have a bunch
of holes to drill.

Solution:

A couple of deck screws spaced 180 degrees apart, screwed into the
plug until they touch the hole saw, then a few turns alternating
between screws until plug clears hole saw.

Not rocket science, but somebody had to think of it.

Lew

I spin off the mandrel and insert as big a dowel as the hole allows
and I grab the saw and rap the dowel on a bench... presto...