Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gluing washing machine plastic?

Jan Wysocki wrote:
On 2009-07-30, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 29 July, 22:58, Jan Wysocki
wrote:

specifically state that they won't bond to polypropylene.

Polypropylene is about as awkward as polyethylene. There are some
specific adhesives for them, but even these aren't wonderful. I'd go
with screws.

For some large pieces of PP, it's easier to hot weld it. This is quite
easy if you have a hot-air welding gun - people who do car bodywork
do.

I have to join a polypropylene drawer to an ABS drawer front,
so welding is out.

Three and a half things have worked for me with polyolefins

If its a large surface evostik old fashioned solvent based contact
Car body filler
Hot glue.
Epoxy half works.