Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Non-Plumbing PVC Projects---What have you used it for?

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:59:11 -0700, SMS
wrote:

Yesterday I was struggling with a pool maintenance task that I have to
do 2-3 times a year, and I decided to build a PVC fixture to make the
task less of a hassle. It made the job way easier. Guess what it's for
(the top + piece isn't glued down and is removable).

"http://i26.tinypic.com/117cm80.jpg"

I also built a nice PVC cart to store my kayaks, with wheels so I can
roll the cart out to the driveway when I load the kayaks onto the car.

"http://i31.tinypic.com/dm4mki.jpg"

What other non-plumbing uses have people found for PVC, beyond racks for
shoes.

I use PVC pipe (3/4-inch ID) to make poles for my holiday lights. I'll
start with a 5-foot piece, drill a hole near each end (to tie lights
to), and cut it in half with a hacksaw (angled cut).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov