Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shielding an A/C Compressor/Condenser Unit

Our A/C Compressor/Condenser is only shaded by the shadow of our house until
about mid-morning. The rest of the day it sits in direct sunlight. We live
in the AZ desert where our summer temperatures are typically 110°F and above
by early afternoon.

Natural shade from trees or shrubs are not a practical solution, both due to
the location of the unit and the time it would take for the plants to grow to
a useful size.

I would like to construct something that would shield the unit from the
intense sun, yet also provide adequate air flow for the unit. Air is drawn
in through all 4 sides and exits through the top.

I would like to do this as economically as possible, but I don't even have a
clue where to start.

All ideas welcome...

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright
Old people shouldn't eat health foods. They need all the