Posted to alt.home.repair

Default which deep cell battery for generator?

On Jul 29, 3:45*pm, "jack" wrote:
Do you have a Battery Plus store near you?http://www.batteriesplus.com/If so just
go there and get replacement. Does it say Deep Cycle on it. I find it odd that it
would be a deep cycle for a generator.

it does not say that, thus I presumed it to be a generic motorcycle battery but the
ones available at autozone/pep boys are the "fill it yourself with acid" type
batteries for about $69

just wanted to be sure there was not something in the electronics of the generator
requiring a specific type as this generator has an LCD panel with a readout of the
battery life remaining.

Deep cycle batteries are used in applications where you need to take
the battery from fully charged to minimal charge repeatidly. An
example would be batteries in a boat, being used to power lights,
fridge, etc, while anchored. The typical motorcycle or gen battery
is a starting type battery, designed to give max amps for short
durations and not to be fully discharged each time.