Ray Kinzler

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

It's impractical to respond to all messages but I needed to reposnd to
you, Geroge, because you hit the nail on the head! My wife has so
much, well, CRAP, that one of the big reasons I want to put in new
cabinets is to increase storage. She pile those top shelves
full...and then call me at work some morning whining that she can't
find something and she thinks it's in the back corner on the top
shelf. And it's too high for her to reach. And she's NOT going to
reach for it. I will need to get it as soon as I get home and that
will ruin blah, blah, blah.

I get yelled at because I cook, too. And I buy a lot of stuff. She
just doesn't understand that cooking is like woodworking: the right
tool for the right job makes life easier and the experience more
enjoyable. If it were up to her, I would still be using the
butterknife she and her mother used as a screwdriver.

But I don't care...I like your idea. I actuall have enough room
between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling to put either an
additional shelf inside the cabinet or even install an additional
door, maybe even, and have separate cabinets above the cabinet. Sort
of gives me a reason to try and make doors with glass in them, even.

I will say that I am thinking about cheating a little and ordering the
doors and drawer fronts. I am ambitious but I don't have oodles of
time at this point. Plus it seems to me that those pieces are the
hardest ones.

"George M. Kazaka" wrote in message ...
Ray building Kitchen cabinets is easier tham making a cardboard box, it is
one of the biggest whoring of woodowrking that there is. Simple fundamentles
24" deep boxes, 36" high floor to worktop if you have a 1-1/2" top

Be carefull in your inside corners, upper cabs 12" deep 30" high is the
standard but do not be afraid to go to 32 and 36 or higher if your ceilings
allow, give's the wife a lot more storage room for the 50% of crap that
women keep that they use once a year.
(I should talk my wife is always giving me hell because i do cook and buy or
have bought most everything out thereG)