Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do Anteaters Make Good Pets?

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:14:09 -0700, "Ulysses"
wrote:

I have a big problem with little ants. Not the really tiny micro-ants, but
the red ones that are maybe 1/2" long. They are surprisingly painful when
they bite you and leave a sizable welt. I have tried sprinkling the
anthills with Bug-B-Gone and it seems to work for about three days and then
they just open up a new hole and go on about their business. I even tried
spraying them with Raid but that had little effect. Anyone have a product
that they like for getting rid of ants? If it's possible I would prefer a
product that won't kill any birds that eat the ants. The quail appear to
eat the ants but I can't really confirm this. In any case they don't eat
enough of them to make a difference so now I'm wondering about anteaters and
if they would like living in Southern California High Desert and if the
coyotes would bother them and if they could actually control the problem.
Seriously.

Try Tero. It contains the ingrediant Boric acid, toxic to insects,
low toxicity to humans and animals. You may have fire ants.