Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Do Anteaters Make Good Pets?

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:33:06 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

I have a big problem with little ants. Not the really tiny
micro-ants, but the red ones that are maybe 1/2" long. They are
surprisingly painful when they bite you and leave a sizable welt. I
have tried sprinkling the anthills with Bug-B-Gone and it seems to
work for about three days and then they just open up a new hole and
go on about their business. I even tried spraying them with Raid but
that had little effect. Anyone have a product that they like for
getting rid of ants? If it's possible I would prefer a product that
won't kill any birds that eat the ants. The quail appear to eat the
ants but I can't really confirm this. In any case they don't eat
enough of them to make a difference so now I'm wondering about
anteaters and if they would like living in Southern California High
Desert and if the coyotes would bother them and if they could
actually control the problem. Seriously.

You are describing fire ants. You must live in the South. We used to
pour gasoline down their nests and set them on fire. Fight fire with
fire!

people like you should stay in cities.
Not everywhere needs to be a hazmat site.