Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default off topic computer question

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:57:22 -0500, "JC" wrote:

I don't know if it is good quality or not, but OPtimized Cable
Company
had Cat5E 100 feet with no-snag covers for 25 dollars, no charge for
shipping, when BestBuys had 50 feet for 38 dollars.

Opt has lots of lengths and lots of colors and doesn't charge much
more for Cat6 either.

I haven't used it yet, to go from the second floor to the basement,
but my needs are small and if it is low-quality, I probably won't be
able to tell.

An architect/homebuilder by the name of Tom Tynon writes a column in
the Houston Chronicle. You could probably find the one of this past
week in which he advocates a "booster" tank to go along with a tanked
(in my college days that meant something else) water heater. The
picture showed what looked like a small tankless unit. Said it
provided instant, constant hot water as it somehow signaled the tank
to heat up more water. ??????

Thanks for the idea. This might work for data too. ....OKay, I
googled "data tank" and they come from 1 quart/1 kilobyte, all the
way up to 40,000 gallons/3 terrabytes. I guess I won't know what
size I need until I've started using the cable.

I saw your second post too.