Posted to alt.home.repair
cweddie96 cweddie96 is offline

Default Sump Pump Costs

-------------------------------------

When houses were built in my neighborhood 25 years ago in upstate NY, no
codes for sump discharge existed. Builders just connected sump discharge
to waste water pipe in basement. Now I assume the preferred discharge is
to go through foundation (or retro out through floor decking on top of
foundation) down into the ground below freeze line sloping down to the
storm drain.

I have seen a retro in the adjacent neighborhood where basically a trench
is dug in the side yard and discharge piping is run out to storm drain. I
assume this should all be done by professionals? Cost?