Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamme0[_2_] spamme0[_2_] is offline

Default Li Ion replacement

D Yuniskis wrote:
Hi,

I'm replacing the battery in a GPS unit. Looks to
be an "A" cell (no, not AA or AAA), 3.7V 1800mAHr.
Of course, the battery has pigtails soldered to it
so I'll need something with either pigtails or solder
tabs as its replacement (I doubt I could add any
sort of battery holder in this small space!).

I went grep-ing Digikey and all I found were "lithium"
batteries but I suspect these are intended for use in
"nonvolatile (data) backup" (i.e., low current rates)
and not actually used to *power* something. (I think
the battery is intended to last about 8 hours so I'm
guessing the load to be about 250mA?).

Can someone clarify what I need to go looking for?
And/or a pointer to a source for same (qty 1).

Thanks!

google 18650.