Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Skype problem

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:54:08 +0100, "Electronworks.co.uk"
wrote:

"The Loner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:40:55 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I may not be recalling correctly, but it seems earlier versions of
Skype stopped a "non-contact" from inserting themselves onto my
contact list without permission.

Now I'm periodically finding random names in my "contacts" list.

I can't find a setting to prevent this. Am I missing something?

Or is Skype "going-Microsoft" on me :-(

...Jim Thompson

You asked this before, but your retarded filter mindset probably had
the responder filtered.

You ain't real bright, boy.

Those are folks requesting to be added. They are not part of your
list. They are waiting to be on your list, by your invitation.

If you do not invite any of them, they will not be on your list. You
can also block the requests.

Wrong

You dont have a choice. I get at least one per week. Normally some Eastern
European asking to be my buddy. As far as I can see, you can do nothing
about it. I have tried setting the various options that only allow people on
my contacts list to contact me, but it does nothing.

If you find a solution, let me know

The gross solution is to simply turn Skype off. Only open it when you
receive an E-mail from a known respondent requesting a voice session.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food