Posted to alt.home.repair

Default off topic computer question

Oh, that opens up a heck of an idea. I wonder if he could
get a free trial Carbonite account. Load everything up. And
then load it to the other computer. Send me the log and
pass. I can then load up to the Carbonite a lot of stuff,
and then make a backup of his stuff.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PatM" wrote in message

From what you've said, the dude has a bigger problem. He is
not
making backups. If he were, you could backup one machine
and restore
to another. The solution with to get an external hard drive
and copy
everything to it. The pick and choose what you want to move
between
computers after everything is on the external drive.

However, putting in a small (cheap) network is a better idea
in the
long run but doesn't address the backup issue.