Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Energy Star natural gas direct vent water heater

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I need to purchase a new water heater. I found 4 direct-vent gas
water heaters in my area, only two would fit. None of these water
heaters are Energy Star. Do Energy Star gas water heaters exist? I
can buy a non-Energy Star, but there is no tax credit and it is not
"green." There are tankless Energy Star heaters that cost more, but
after reading Consumer Reports I don't want one of those due to the
maintenance costs and the "cold sandwich" phenomenon. Is $800
reasonable for a natural gas direct vent 40 gallon water tank (6 year
warranty)? Trying to keep costs under one grand and doing the install
myself.

You may find a link from here to where you want to be
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...eat.pr_help_me

or this is a couple of clicks down.
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...roducts_ html