Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GanjaTron GanjaTron is offline

Default OIP MOdel 165 Laser

Hi Sam, hi folks,

there's no getter as far as I can tell. This appears to be a semi-
antique piece of kit (late 60s / early 70s, I'd say). The whole thing
has a garage-workshop look & feel to it. The glass tube looks
handmade! (In other words: it's probably crap?)

I'll snap some pics and the post the URLs.

Oh, I went back today to pick up something that had a variable HV
supply, naively thinking I could adapt it. On closer inspection, I was
totally dumbfounded: it's a Baird-Atomic Abacus GM Scaler Model 123.
It has five counter tubes (glowing dots counting clockwise). There's
also a 5-pin connector for a probe of sorts (missing). Hope I'm not
getting OT here, I just mention it in the off chance somebody could
enlighten me as to what the heck this gagdet does! ;^)

Later,

--Roland