George M. Kazaka

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

Ray building Kitchen cabinets is easier tham making a cardboard box, it is
one of the biggest whoring of woodowrking that there is. Simple fundamentles
24" deep boxes, 36" high floor to worktop if you have a 1-1/2" top

Be carefull in your inside corners, upper cabs 12" deep 30" high is the
standard but do not be afraid to go to 32 and 36 or higher if your ceilings
allow, give's the wife a lot more storage room for the 50% of crap that
women keep that they use once a year.
(I should talk my wife is always giving me hell because i do cook and buy or
have bought most everything out thereG)

It all in the fronts good doors throw up a nice crown mldg on the top and a
mldg on the bottom edge of the upper cabinets and make a door for your end
panels,

You will end up with look that will have her apologizing for doubting you
for a long time G
Go For It
Good Luck,
George

"Ray Kinzler" wrote in message
om...
I have decided to bite the bullet and attempt to build my kitchen
cabinets myself. The wife isn't so happy about the idea because she
thinks I don't know enough to actually make them and have them look
anything near good.

She has a small point in that I do not have a lot of experience but
the doggone things look so simple to build. Maybe I am
underestimating the complexity of them or overestimating my abilities
but they are nothing but a box with a door.

Well, maybe that WAS a little on the oversimplification side.

In aby event, I seem to recall a recommendation for a book that is
short and sweet and only sold online. I saw it in a thread here a
couple months ago when I was pushing around the idea of simply
refacing the exisiting cabinets and go the bug to actaully build them
once I read the website.

Can anybody remember the site I am talking about?

Thanks