Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamme0[_2_] spamme0[_2_] is offline

Default Greenlee DC clamp meter, need schematic or cal procedure

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:20:41 -0700, spamme0 put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Yes, the power-on reading is whatever is running thru the clamp plus 7.8
amps.

Please, no more model number display theories.
It's COINCIDENCE.
It's NOT the model number. It's OFFSET in the reading.

I don't need help interpreting the symptom. I need help
FIXING the problem

What I need is a calibration procedure...or schematic.
Thanks,
mike

Why not tweak the pots and see what happens? In fact you wouldn't need
to disturb the pots -- just solder a resistor, or an additional pot,
or a resistor wheel, between the wiper and one end. You may still need
to repair the meter if the offset is due to a bad component.

- Franc Zabkar

Been there, done that, no joy.