Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Mystery object

On 2009-07-28, Ignoramus9483 wrote:
OK, guys, this is great, thanks a lot.

What sort of grinder does it require, though? Would it work with a
grinder like baldor 500? see here

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis.../ebayhist.html

No!

(I no longer have it, but I have something similar by Rockwell, and I
was surprised that my above page came up second in google search for
"baldor 500")

Or does it need a special T&C grinder?

The grinder which it needs typically has a cup-shaped wheel
(angled sides not cylindrical) and cuts on the "rim" of the cup.

It is *not* a diamond grinder -- unless you are sharpening
carbide milling cutters.

It typically has the motor on a shaft which allows it to be
elevated, the motor shaft to be tilted, and various other angles to be
set.

It will have a bed onto which the milling cutter holder which
you have can be mounted.

So -- what you have (and what you had) will do you no good for
this.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564