Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Mystery object

This is a low end rig that uses the horizontal mill itself as the grinder.
The stone is mounted on an axle, which is then mounted in a drive collet.
The stone is trued with a diamond mounted on the mill table. Ater that, this
jig is mounted to the table with the dull cutter. Then the table is adjusted
to present the cutter edges at the correct relief angle to the stone. The
cut is then determined on the Z axis of the mill and one tooth at a time is
fed under the stone taking as many cuts as required. They work very well,
but are a pain to use because the entire mill must be rigged abnormally and
protected from stone dust, unlike a tool grinder that is always ready to go,
but if you don't have tool grinder........
Steve

"Ignoramus9483" wrote in message
OK, guys, this is great, thanks a lot.

What sort of grinder does it require, though? Would it work with a
grinder like baldor 500? see here

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis.../ebayhist.html

(I no longer have it, but I have something similar by Rockwell, and I
was surprised that my above page came up second in google search for
"baldor 500")

Or does it need a special T&C grinder?

On 2009-07-28, AL A. wrote:
Ignoramus9483 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what this is?

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-5284.jpg
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-5285.jpg
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/tmp-5286.jpg

Ig,
I think this is the modern (made in China) version:

[http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetai...prod=endsharp]

-AL A.