Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill Donwill is offline

Default Corrosion in wire.

"Jules" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:37:31 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Any tips for removing the corrosion as it has to be soldered rather than
crimped as the original plug was. Short of just scraping it off?

Hack it off if there's enough slack. I've had success with just scraping
before - but I suspect it's nowhere near as mechanically strong as a
'proper' joint, even if it ends up electrically OK, and might just be
asking for trouble 20 years down the line.

Rub them between two pieces of very fine emery paper.

Don