Charles Krug

Default Cutting Cabinet Plywood with 7 ¼ CircularSaw

On 8 Nov 2003 12:00:36 -0800, Christian Aufreiter
wrote:
I have read that the Festool saws do well.
http://www.festool-usa.com/portando/index.cfm

This is correct. The Festool plunge saw and the rail do an excellent job.
You might like to check out some reviews:
http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Festo...toolIndex.html
http://www.cjohnhebert.com/toolreviews.htm
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/men-fes.htm
http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/festo..._55e_part1.htm

I made the panel-cutting guide found in Sunset Woodworking (forget the
exact title). After sizing sheet goods with a 9" contractor saw, it was
a revelation.

It uses Borg Birch plywood instead of masonite.

I've been planning to make a smaller version suitable for half and
quarter sheets. After reading the article, I'm now planning to use
masonite for the smaller version.

I'm using the Freud "Finishing" blade (40T ATB, thin kerf) on a PC lefty
circular saw.

With patience, it's more than Good Enough absent a Unisaur or a
dedicated panel slicer.