Swingman

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

John Paquay's "Building Your Own Kitchen Cabinets" and Jim Toplin's
"Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets".

The following is from an old post of mine.

quote

"I personally like John's basic kitchen cabinet construction method, which
focuses on hardwood face frames, routed to accept the cabinet sides and
floors. IME, once you build one cabinet using John's method, the light goes
on and no cabinet is then too tough. John still posts here occasionally and
the last time I looked his booklet could be ordered at:

http://home.insightbb.com/~jpaquay/shop.html

While John's little book is geared to the construction of the basic wall and
base cabinet, Toplin's book is a fairly good reference for different types
of cabinet construction, drawers and, in particular, installation.

If I had to do with just one, and had never built a kitchen cabinet before,
I would go with John's self-published booklet... but both of them together
will give you what you need, and the confidence, to get the job done.

Strictly my .02 based on my hands on experience of what you are
anticipating"

/quote

If you have any question about this undertaking , just fire away.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"Ray Kinzler" wrote in message
om...
I have decided to bite the bullet and attempt to build my kitchen
cabinets myself. The wife isn't so happy about the idea because she
thinks I don't know enough to actually make them and have them look
anything near good.

She has a small point in that I do not have a lot of experience but
the doggone things look so simple to build. Maybe I am
underestimating the complexity of them or overestimating my abilities
but they are nothing but a box with a door.

Well, maybe that WAS a little on the oversimplification side.

In aby event, I seem to recall a recommendation for a book that is
short and sweet and only sold online. I saw it in a thread here a
couple months ago when I was pushing around the idea of simply
refacing the exisiting cabinets and go the bug to actaully build them
once I read the website.

Can anybody remember the site I am talking about?

Thanks