Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Adjusting Blake Co-Ax for larger diameters (Dial Graduation Values)

Louis Ohland wrote:

Wes wrote:
http://www.blakemanufacturing.com/pages/coaxvalues.html

I knew I'd seen it... I'm used to web pages disappearing, so here are
the values

Blake CO-AX Indicator Dial Graduation Values

Bore 2" 4" 6"
0 .00056 .00105 .00147
1 .00054 .00103 .00146
2 .00050 .00100 .00145
3 .00044 .00097 .00143
4 .00030 .00093 .00140
5 .00087 .00136
6 .00079 .00132
7 .00069 .00124
8 .00055 .00115
9 .00105
10 .00097
11 .00083
12 .00062

Bore diameter in inches
2", 4", and 6" refer to the feeler Length

I was fairly curious since I use one of those indicators at work from time to time. I
typically just settle for dead nuts

I notice that there is a 800 rpm limit on the indicator. I've never used one with the
spindle powered, I've always manually turned the spindle.

Has anyone used one with the spindle under power? I see that is what the long rod is for,
to hold the body from rotating.

Wes