Posted to alt.home.repair
ben[_3_] ben[_3_] is offline

Default new drywall on walls but use existing ceiling?

thanks for the responses.

I've been planning to just scrape it off and repair as you all
suggest. What's giving me pause is that it's a real wrist-breaker to
get it off. I'm using a putty knife to scrape it and wet it down with
a spray bottle to try and limit the amount of crap that flies all over
me when I do it. But it takes a long time to clear a small section.
Even though it's a tiny bathroom it will take many days to clear.
That got me started thinking maybe it was easier to re-drywall.

Any suggestions on how to better remove the adhesive? The glue is
dried to a dark brownish color.