Posted to alt.home.repair
windcrest windcrest is offline

Default Shielding conduits

On Jul 27, 7:09*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

So I've learned that electrical wires can cause 60hz interference if
running along side speaker wire or intercom Cat 5. Are there any good
shielding ideas like using some kind of shielded conduit or wrapping
wires in foil or something like that? Please help point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

Aaron

The speakers will be un-affected.

As for the CAT5e you can always get shileded cat5e (you'll have to use
shielded plugs/jacks too with this cable):

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...=303&sku=27432

Older wired intercoms are always very susceptable to hum, cat5e used
for data is not that susceptable anyway, same with cat5e used for
phones.

In most cases just run the power away from the low voltage runs, and
cross them at 90 degrees, you probably really dont need shielded cat5e
but it cant hurt.