Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Swelling wood, driving me nuts.

jtpryan wrote:

Thank you. The wood supplier I purchased it gave me that "rule of
thumb". Anyway, Meranti is a Philippine Mahagony, so Mahogony would
be a good wood to comapare it to. Yes, I treated it completely.
Where did you find your figures? I would like to look up Mahogany.

Meranti - Phillipine mahogany (Shorea sp., luan, etc) - is totally different
from either new world (Sweitana sp.) or African (Khaya sp.) mahogany. So
no, mahogany would *not* be a good comparison wood.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...