Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry[_2_] Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Drill press switch query

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:52:27 -0400, "Keith Marshall"
wrote:

Thanks Jeff! That did it. I'm still wondering about the red wires,
though. One appears to be the neutral from the plug, the other
appears to be the neutral to the motor. It makes sense that they're
connected to one another, of course, but what (in the switch) would
they be connected *to*?

Was the original switch lighted when on? If so, the light would need the
neutral.

Yes it was. That's undoubtedly the answer. I guess both the red
cover and the light bulb (neon?) went flying when I switched it off
for the last time.

Thanks -- Terry