Sweet Sawdust

Default Grizzly or Delta unisaw

You want a shipping horror story? OK here you go. Ordered the Griz 1023zx,
took 2 weeks to get it in, When delivered the saw was on its side and funny
little cast iron things were rattling around the box, I called Griz and they
sent another one out a week later and got the broken one. New saw had broken
box with parts spilling out of it, some were big cast iron things that
looked like broken table tops, I refused it and sent both back to Griz.
Called Griz and told them what I had done. Griz got all upset (woman
worker) no more 1023zx in stock, sent me a 1023z by different carrier,
discounted saw , refunded difference. week latter got new saw, took 45 min
to get the shrink wrap off the thing so that I could get it off the pallet
and unpack it, saw it mint condition. Year latter ordered new 1023z took
two weeks to get it, better packing job, new carrier, saw arrived in mint
condition. Both saws working fine and seem happy in their new homes.
"JunkCan" wrote in message

I'm also thinking about buying the Shop Fox TS. Who did you buy if from?
Mail-order or store. If mail-order, any comments on the shipping? I've

heard
many horror stories about damage in freight shipping, mainly from Grizzly
customers but, at least, Grizzly seem to respond quickly and make it

right.
I'm on a budget and been saving for a loooooooong time for my dream TS.

Will
I be happy with the Shop Fox?

Thanks

"Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker" wrote in
message ...
I just bought the "retail version" of the Grizzly, the Shopfox saw with

the
classic fence ( the "B" clone") . And while I have only used it a few

times
before engaging it to complete my set of custom quartersawn white oak
mission style kitchen cabinets, I am happy with it so far.

--
Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker
www.woodworkinghobby.com

"Casey O'Connor" wrote in message
Im looking at buying a Grizzly 1023s unisaw but a friend of mine at

work
mentioned that I should re-think my purchase because of the bearings

used
throughout the internal components. He mentioned that Delta uses more
smaller bearings which in turn will make the tool last longer. The

better
the bearings the smoother the arbor etc. Does anyone out there own a
Grizzly, I know the Delta unisaw is an amazing tool, but its $700 more