Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shielding conduits

ransley wrote:
On Jul 27, 7:09 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

So I've learned that electrical wires can cause 60hz interference if
running along side speaker wire or intercom Cat 5. Are there any good
shielding ideas like using some kind of shielded conduit or wrapping
wires in foil or something like that? Please help point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

Aaron

In critical places like recording studios there might be issues to a
perfect sound recording, keeping wires not touching and more than 6"
distance is practiced from someone I know who builds studios. Ground
loops cause issues easily heard but wiring issues I have never heard,
my problems have been groundings.

Ask your friend who builds recording studios what kind of
light dimmers he uses. The last studio I was in used variacs
for dimming the lights. Guess why.

TDD