Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default G Code Tutorial

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

I'm looking for a decent G-Code tutorial. Preferably one for Mach 3. There
are a couple projects I want to do that I think it would just be easier to
write the raw g-code than to draw the picture in a CAD program, run it
through the CAM stuff I can afford and then go back and tweak it so it will
work. I was just going to write it line by line, but then I ran across a
reference to routines or subroutines that seemed to indicate you could do
reiterative work with Mach 3 compatible g-code.

I do not mind buying a book. I'm not looking for a freebie or a handout.

Specifically it seems to wasteful and confusing to repeat the same code over
and over to cut a pocket. It seems it would be a lot easier to increment Z
and go back to the same code instead.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...58-6&x=14&y=23

CNC Programming Handbook, 2nd Edition by Peter Smid

Wes