Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default NJ Police state: update on pocket popper

On Jul 27, 4:25*pm, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian
wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 04:42:09 -0700, rangerssuck wrote:

I wasn't aware that my true colors were ever hidden. I am, though a
former NRA member and former avid target shooter (targets with round
bullseyes, not human silhouettes), most certainly of the opinion that
people carrying guns in urban or suburban areas is a recipe for
disaster. I, personally, have seen plenty of situations where, had a gun
been present, the argument could easily have escalated to a death.

You've got a lot of company:

What Dictators/Mass Murderers had to say about Gun Control

*"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the
*subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerors who
*have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own
*fall." -
Adolf Hitler

*"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them
*of their arms."
- Aristotle, Politics Ch 10 para 4.

*"1935 will go down in History! For the first time, a civilized nation has
*full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more
*efficient and the world will follow our lead to the future!"
- Adolf Hitler

*"If the opposition (citizen) disarms, well and good. If it refuses to
*disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves."
- Josef Stalin

*"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
- Mao Tse-tung

*"Only the police and Military should be allowed to have guns."
- Stalin Rock (Canadian Justice Minister)

*"Gun registration is not enough"
-Attorney Generral Janet Reno--12-10-93--Associated Press

*"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The
*prohibition of private firearms is the goal"
-Attorney Generral Janet Reno
* -- *http://www.wikiprotest.com/index.php?title=Gun_Control

Thanks!
Rich

Janet Reno being compared to Stalin and Hitler. Well, Richard, you
truly are an ass.