Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default FOUND THE PROBLRM: Mach 3 Crashing PC

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:54:01 -0700, Bob La Londe wrote:
"dan" wrote in message
What's that Lassie? You say that Bob La Londe fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:59:11 -0700:

I pulled my accounting machine out of the office, (exact same computer)
and
I just hooked it to the controller without doing anything, or disabling
anything. Worked like a charm. Bios setup is identical. OS is the same
release, drives and memory are the same. I can only assume that the darn
processor has decided to establish itself in a mammaries elevated
disposition on the original machine.

Check that all the fans are working. Could be overheating something.

Two blown power caps on the main board next to the CPU.

That's symptoms. You need to diagnose what blew the caps.

Good Luck!
Rich