Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Wiki: Bathroom Electrics

Andy Wade wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

This means that other than like for like changes of accessories etc,
or the installation / upgrading of supplementary bonding, nearly all
electrical work will be classed as a "major work" for the purposes
of part P.

I suggest that should say "notifiable work" to avoid any confusion with
the major/minor distinction between work done on a 'normal' EIC, as
opposed to a minor works certificate (a separate, albeit related, issue).

Yes, well spotted - even a minor work would be notifiable in a bathroom.

Yes good point - Probably Northern Ireland as well, but Scotland has
its own foibles.

No Part P in NI, AIUI, unless things have changed.

The irony is that we make "Irish" jokes, and yet this time its on us it
seems!

wiki updated...

any more observations before I take the "under construction" header off it?

--
Cheers,

John.