Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default 11 yo top loading Sears washing machine prob

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Frank Thompson wrote:
washing machine has started to apparently leak small amounts of grease
or oil on laundry. Is it time for a new one?
Last year spent $99 on its first repair (leak).

I see you're posting from Vermont:

Here are some used machines:

$50 - Poultney
http://burlington.craigslist.org/app/1279827086.html

$80 - Bellows Falls
http://burlington.craigslist.org/for/1273529741.html

Plus several others in the $100-$150 range

http://burlington.craigslist.org/sea... reviation=sss

I've even seen free washers on Craig's List that needed a new motor or
clutch (supposedly). I bought a used motor for mine from a used appliance
place and it was only $30. I suspect the trans/gearbox would not be a whole
lot more (used). OTOH I found it a lot cheaper to get the coupler and dogs
on eBay than from the appliance store.