Andrew Gabriel

Default gas boiler thermocouple

In article ,
"IMM" writes:
"sro" wrote in message

Thanks again - and now the real question,
are condensing boilers unreliable ?

No. They are same as a system boiler except they have a plastic drain pipe
attached.

Also worth mentioning that they have acid continuously running over
the heat exchanger. Some have stainless steel heat exchangers, whilst
others have aluminium alloy heat exchangers. I would not be surprised
to find a significant difference in the life of these two types.
I suspect that a heat exchanger failing in a condensing boiler more
than perhaps 6 years old is not likely to be regarded as an economic
repair.

--
Andrew Gabriel