Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default getting above ground pool back in shape

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:53:46 -0400, Jud McCranie wrote:
We have an above ground pool that has been unused for 3 years. It is
not in good shape. We drained out all of the water except for about 3
inches. We had the pool guy come look at it to give an estimate to
clean it up and get it back in shape. Before he came he estimated
$45-50 (which I thought was low). He came and said for us to first
put water back in the pool. Now he wants to charge us $200 to pump
out that water! Does this make sense?

of course not. If it is a surprise to you then either his communciation
skills are **** poor or he is out to scam you. Either way will cost you
unexpected money.

Mostly likely, he charges by the hour and that includes sitting around for the
pool to drain. If you keep him, find out exactly what you are to do, what
he will do, and get the total in writing.