Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default GU10 lamps ~ any brand recommendations for longevity?

In article ,
Francis wrote:
Last weekend I installed a light fitting with 6x 50w mains voltage GU10
type lamps. No brandname lamps supplied with the fitting. Used for less
than 2 hours and 2 lamps have blown.

Any recommendations please for a brand of lamp with reasonable to good
longevity? I have done a little reading and it would appear that some
are notoriously short lived or unreliable.

I had the same thing with some fittings bought from B&Q. I got
replacements from TLC branded Ring and surprisingly they've been ok.

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.