Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Greenlee DC clamp meter, need schematic or cal procedure

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 01:26:37 -0700, spamme0 put
finger to keyboard and composed:

wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:59:44 -0700, spamme0
wrote:

I can see the 7.5 being a model identifier at power on.

Where do you see that?
On mine, it's the amps reading before you press the zero button.

I also suspect that "7.5" could be a model identifier. The instruction
manual for models CM-700 and CM-750 suggests that the two models
differ only in that the former displays average values whereas the
latter displays RMS. Maybe the CM-700 identifies itself as "7.0". Why
don't you try powering on the meter with a 7.5A current flowing
through the clamp?

Instruction Manual For Greenlee Model CM-700 & CM-750 Digital Clamp-on
Meters:

http://65.36.183.19/greenlee/im/im1464rev01.pdf

- Franc Zabkar