Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default CF wierdness, glowing flickering turned off

On Jul 21, 3:02*pm, ransley wrote:
On Jul 21, 8:11*am, wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:33:51 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
Came home tonight to find my CF bulb on my exterior door light
flickering and barely glowing. Assumed the new bulb was bad till I got
inside to turn off the switch and found it already off.

I guess I will have to check the voltage at that outlet. How wierd.

Its hard to reach lamp is over steps

Anyone else have this happen?

* * * * Chances are there is a hot wire somewhere close to it and it
was conducting a fair amount of current at that time. *Even static
electricity can cause any florescent lamp to give off some light.

Static, that reminds me, in winter I had a cfl bulb sitting on the
counter, that static I had in me would lite the bulb for maybe 3
seconds if I touched it, and if I grounded myself I didnt have enough
static charge for a shock or spark. I guess its the high voltage
needed to light them.- Hide quoted text -

Yes have seen fluorescent tubes placed in RF (radio frequency) field
which glow, even though there are no connections to them whatsoever!