Posted to uk.d-i-y
David J David J is offline

Default Loft insulation: how deep?

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:21:11 +0100, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 20/07/2009 10:50 Doctor Drivel wrote:

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...

We've got one of the energy companies coming to my father's house to
survey for free loft insulation. Anyone know how deep it should be
when they've finished?

It is as deep as what they said it would be.

They haven't said anything yet: they're *coming out* to do a survey.

I would like to know what they should say before they say it so I can
assess their suitability for doing the job...

I've got flush-mounted ceiling lights in some bedrooms, and the loft
insulation has been cut away over these fittings - presumably because
of the rising heat from the lamps. So I cannot seal all gaps...

DJ