Posted to alt.home.repair
ShadowTek[_2_] ShadowTek[_2_] is offline

Default CF wierdness, glowing flickering turned off

On 2009-07-27, Don Klipstein wrote:
In , M Traveler wrote:

SNIP

I had a problem that wasn't exactly like that. I had a CF bulb in a
socket where the bulb was horizontal, and always on, in the utility
room. When I got home it was melting and sparking. Fortunately the
floor was cement so no fire started.

Can you tell us what brand and model? Or even what brand?

I think about every one of one particular batch I bought had a melted
balast case when the died.

It makes you wonder about them.

I don't recall which brand it was, maybe something like "Bright Ideas",
but I can't remember for sure. But I do remember that I bought them in a
multi-pack at Home Depot for around $10.

And I *do* remember that they *were* UL listed.