Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry The Snake Guy Larry The Snake Guy is offline

Default Hot Porch Roof

On Jul 26, 2:27 pm, Tony wrote:
Larry The Snake Guy wrote:
Not directly, but by conducting heat away from the sheathing, wouldn't
a properly placed fan lower the temperature of the sheathing thus
reducing the amount of heat it radiates?

I've considered ceiling fans but I don't know where I could properly
place them to do the job. I think ceiling fans would just blow hot air
all around me.

Yeah, ceiling fans without also insulating the roof probably wouldn't
help. I meant a fan/fans somewhere where they could blow/draw air
across the underside of the roof and out. That may not be possible
depending on the design of your roof, and is probably not your best
option by itself. I was just giving an example of how fans could
prevent radiant heating, in response to this statement: "A fan doesn't
stop *radiant* heat."