Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default Excuse OT question re buffing out a windshield scuff.

terry wrote:
What product or process could be used to polish out a significant
winter scuff of the windshield of our not much driven (80,000
kilometres = about 50,000 miles since new in 2002) Nissan Frontier
pickup .
Scuff is not directly in front of driver, but where the passenger side
wiper sweeps into the top right hand of driver's portion of the glass.
Maybe was grit or dust that got trapped. First time have ever had this
problem.
OR: Would it just be best to change the windshield? Probably at cost
of at least $150?
Any advice or reference to a suitable auto news group would be most
welcome.

PS. Have asked this question 3 times on auto repair forums and not
received any response at all!

A few years ago I bought one of these kits:

http://tinyurl.com/l4egxe

And used it to get rid of arced scratches on the windshield of a nged
Honda Civic our youngest kid had purchased.

The scratches looked like they probably happened when someone ran the
wipers after a blade had popped off or gotten broken.

The kit worked slicker than snot on a brass doorknob. It's still sitting
in my workshop waiting for the next use.

Jeff (Windshields are to look through, not at....)

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)