Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Hot Porch Roof

Larry The Snake Guy wrote:
On Jul 26, 11:53 am, Tony wrote:
A fan doesn't stop *radiant* heat.

Not directly, but by conducting heat away from the sheathing, wouldn't
a properly placed fan lower the temperature of the sheathing thus
reducing the amount of heat it radiates?

I've considered ceiling fans but I don't know where I could properly
place them to do the job. I think ceiling fans would just blow hot air
all around me. If I'm lowering the temperature of the sheathing then
I'm transferring the heat from the sheathing and into the air. I just
don't see any easy way to use fans without a lot of turbulence, so I'd
be blowing hot air all around. I'm tired, does that make any sense?
BTW, the roof is 28' x 12' and a little more than a 1:12 pitch.