Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Hot Porch Roof

wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 06:15:20 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Tony wrote:
Any other ideas before I get broiled?

Tony
Forget the insulation.

Radiant barrier. Cheap, 95% effective, easy to install.
What kind of radiant barrier? I don't want it to look like aluminum
foil. Maybe I could use the radiant barrier instead of insulation
then the sheathing under that for looks.

You could do that. You could cover the radiant barrier with almost
anything - even paint.

You should probably also plan on some way for the hot air to escape...

Why not just put in a fan? Blow that hot air out of there.

A fan doesn't stop *radiant* heat.

... and paint the roof white

I have been tempted! That part of the roof can not be seen from ground
level anyway.