Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Running water line/conduit

In article , Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 00:33:59 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

If it's below the frost line, there's no need for either insulation or a
recirculator -- it won't freeze regardless.

Yeah, I've heard THAT kind of a blanket dismissal before. ;-P Pull
the other leg, I don't want to walk lopsided...

Considering where you live, you can be pardoned for not understanding ... but
how did you think those of us who *do* live in freeze zones manage to keep our
lines from freezing? Did you seriously think that municipal water utilities in
the north insulate their distribution lines, and run hot water recirculators?

Bury it deep enough, and it *will* *not* freeze. It really *is* that simple.