Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] is offline

Default Running water line/conduit

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 00:33:59 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

If it's below the frost line, there's no need for either insulation or a
recirculator -- it won't freeze regardless.

Yeah, I've heard THAT kind of a blanket dismissal before. ;-P Pull
the other leg, I don't want to walk lopsided...

Seriously, I'd be a nice cushion below the frost line, and/or take a
few seemingly "unneeded" precautions like insulation and that circ
pump. Much better than the question "Dear, when did we put in a
skating rink in the side yard?"

You do what the neighbors have done successfully, and a bit more.

Luckily, in the San Fernando Valley the worst we have to worry about
(with a lot of advance warning if you are paying attention) is an
occasional overnight frost that can take out faucet risers and vacuum
breakers - crack a faucet and/or wrap it in an old blanket overnight.

Oh, and stick a fan under the orange tree. Smudge Pot heaters have
been illegal for a whole lotta years.

Oh, and Doug? You never said how to write a URL for lmgtfy. You
just put the operation at the end of the string and it auto-runs?

Type the search parameters, click the Google Search button, then hover your
mouse pointer over the link it creates for you -- another button will appear,
labelled "TinyURL". Click that.

Gee, you'd think they could mention that in the "About" box. Looked
all over for the Easter Egg on that one.

-- Bruce --