Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill Donwill is offline

Default Patch Board or panels (electronics0

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news
Donwill wrote:
Years ago there used to be something called a patch board which by using
inserting pins with diodes in them you could route a DC current to
different locations. If you can imagine 2 pieces of veroboard set one
behind the other and the strips at right angles to one another, then by
inserting these pins you could connect any of the horizontal strips to
any of the vertical strips. Someone must still be making them surely?
I've searched but to no avail, plenty of RJ45 patches but not what I
want. I've searched Patch boards, Patch panels, Patch pins, Patch diode
pins etc
Does anyone know what they are called these days

"matrix pin panel" or "matrix patch panel" seem to turn up several uses of
them on synthesizers, you might be able to find a supplier from there.

I think it was a firm called Oxley that used to make them but I can't see
them on their website
so they have probably stopped making them.

Many Thanks

Don