Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Structured Wiring Systems - new wiki article

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Do you mean that you

1: need hdmi to pass hdcp enabled digital content

or

2: hdmi can only pass encrypted high res video.

1 is true, 2 is not.

1 isn't entirely true, some DVI displays you can accept HDCP content.

My TV has a DVI input and handles the HDMI output from my HD satellite
tuner just fine - via an HDMI to DVI lead. No audio, of course. That has
to be fed separately.

I forget that some people don't know that hdmi is just dvi on a different
connector, sorry.

My TV is the opposite, it has hdmi with one hdmi having an additional pair
of audio jacks so you can have dvi with sound connected rather than the
digital sound. I just bought a new graphics card with hdmi on it for £30.