Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default How to open this cleanout?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "MiamiCuse"
wrote:
I have a 40 year old cast iron sewer line and there is a cleanout in the
middle of my concrete driveway.

Sure doesn't look like a sewer cleanout to me. And that would be an odd
place
to put one, too. Why do you think that's what it is?

(1) The diameter is 4", consistent with the size of my cast iron line.
(2) The separation between them is about the same as a cast iron SV two way
cleanout.
(3) On the concrete it's marked with the letters "C.O.".
(4) One of my sewer lines that exit the house has no cleanout. I know it
goes under the driveway, but not sure where.